Horse insurance quote
Obtaining pet insurance can be a daunting task, but if you’re looking to get a horse insurance quote it can be very complicated. There are several things you need to keep in mind, all of which will vary depending on what kind of horses you have and what they are used for.
General Insurance Policies
- Liability Coverage: This is a general policy that protects you from significant liability and loss. These policies cover property damage, bodily injury, medical expenses and legal fees.
- Dwelling Coverage: If you have any sort of horse related facility you will need dwelling coverage. This will protect your facilities from serious damage due to weather, theft and vandalism.
Recreational Business Needs
There are several horse related recreation programs and businesses. If you own or manage any of these kinds of horse programs you will definitely want to ensure you have thorough coverage.
- Guided Trail Rides
- Horse Riding Lessons
- Beach Rides
- Vaulting Lessons
- Horse Camps for Children
- Equestrian Clubs
- Equestrian Centers
- Equine Therapy
Whether you have a single horse or a small herd for your business, you need to have insurance that covers major medical expenses. Horses are prone to accidents and injuries which can be incredibly costly.
- Major Medical: This will help cover costs for major medical procedures.
- Surgical: Not all types of surgeries are covered, so make sure you know which ones are not covered before deciding on a policy.
- Mortality: These policies are only applied to horses that are used for business purposes.
- Loss of Use: If your horse performs a task for your business and they become incapacitated insurance can pay a certain amount to compensate for financial losses.
- Infertility: If your house was purchased for reproduction purposes and they aren’t able to reproduce you could be compensated.
Some providers require health examinations before providing coverage, which you will need to pay for. A certificate will be issued, which your provider will use to determine your coverage options.